Customer Sign In
Become a Business Partner
Forgot Your Password?
FAQ & Information
1. What does LPG stand for & how it is used?
Ans. LPG stands for liquefied petroleum gas. It is stored in cylinders in liquid form which is released when the valve is opened through a low pressure regulator for domestic use & high pressure regulator for commercial use.
2. Is LPG dangerous & why it should not be used in sub-standard cylinders?
Ans. No, if used in the proper way by following safety precautions. It is dangerous when stored and filled in non cylinders.
3. What are the precautions to be observed to prevent accidents
Ans:- Follow instructions given in the instruction card which will be issued with connection. Sample is available in the “Customer Price List” at our website.
4. As we know, LPG is being dealt by government oil companies like Indane, Bharat gas, H.P gas, we never heard about any other brand?
Ans. The govt. of India allowed open sale of gas by private entrepreneurs under parallel marketing system in 2001. We are one of the oldest parallel marketers in india.
5. Why govt. allowed parallel marketing in LPG & why parallel marketer could not grow in the last 27 years?
Ans. Please visit “Indiragas.com” on our website for all details
6. What is the difference in cylinder sizes between private companies and govt. companies?
Ans. Government oil company’s sizes are 5kg, 14.2kg, 19kg, 35kg and 47.5kg and private company’s sizes are different. Indira Gas has standardized a number of cylinder sizes, i.e. 33,17,15,12,6 and 4 kg.
7. What is the other difference between private and govt. cylinder?
Ans. There is a difference of valve and regulator whereas manufacturing standards specifications are the same.
8. What are the benefits of different size cylinders of Indira Gas?
Ans. Our any size of cylinders can be used for any purpose i.e. domestic, commercial & industrial as per consumer’s requirement and convenience.
9. Why govt. cylinders cannot be used for all purposes?
Ans. Govt. cylinders are allowed only for specific use because domestic cylinders are subsidized, it cannot be used for commercial and industrial use.
10. As seen in the open market, some people are using domestic cylinders in commercial & industrial units. Why the govt. is not taking any action, if it is not allowed?
Ans. As per gazette notification no. 293 of may 2000, the domestic cylinder cannot be used for industrial and commercial purposes. The preventive authorities are conducting raids regularly. See some clippings by visiting the “Parallel Marketing in LPG “on our website and more are available in our office.
11. How do I get a new domestic connection?
Ans. Indira Gas is available for domestic use in 4kg, 12kg and 15kg capacity cylinders with our authorized distributors spread across India. To avail a new connection just fill up the application form and our customer service executive will contact you with more details. The customer service executives will arrange a new connection to be delivered to your door step subject to the acceptance of the terms and conditions for the new connection.
12. What are the documents that I need to submit to get a new connection?
Ans. Single ID Proof is required to avail your Indira Gas domestic connection.
13. Why is the price of LPG Refill higher than the PSU LPG Refill?
Ans:- Domestic LPG prices of the government companies are regulated by the government of India and do not reflect the realities of high crude and refined product prices. Moreover the PSU LPG refill prices are subsidized by the government through issuance of oil bonds to the public sector oil companies. This compensation is not available for private LPG marketers, hence price of LPG refill is higher than PSU LPG refill.
14. What are the documents that I shall receive after getting a new connection?
Ans. You shall receive a Pass-book and Connection activation message by electronic means.
15. What is it that I need to check when I receive my refill cylinder?
Ans. The seal of the cylinder should be intact. The safety cap should not have any cracks. You will receive a cash memo for the payment towards LPG refill.
16. In case of assistance whom should I contact?
Ans. In case of assistance required you can get in touch with our corporate office through our number +91- 7607283345
17. In case of requirement of commercial cylinders whom should I contact?
Ans. You can contact our nearest Indira Gas & Petroleum Dealer/Distributor or Call to +91- 7607283345. Our local marketing officers will assist you for your requirement.
18. How is the supply of Indira Gas? Will be there be any shortage?
Ans. Indira Gas ensures uninterrupted supplies to its customers through its network of dealers which is ably supported by the presence of the own import terminal and a dedicated logistics team. You can be rest assured that with our superior infrastructure and operations team, we are assuring the reliability of our network for your requirements.
19. I am interested in a dealership of Indira Gas. What should I do?
Ans. Please fill up the enquiry form for ALDS/Packed LPG Dealership in our website and our customer service executives will get in touch with you at the earliest.
20. How can I assure myself on the quantity of Auto LPG dispensed in Indira gas Auto Gas outlets?
Ans. The state-of-the-art dispensers of Indira Auto LPG ALDS are calibrated frequently and are stamped under the supervision of the statutory authorities. This ensures that the right quantity of LPG is dispensed at our outlets thereby resulting in better mileage and performance .
21. How do I log a complaint?
Ans. In case of any complaints/suggestions/feedback you are welcome to contact us by sending a mail through “Contact us” or call us on our number+91- 7607283345 or on +91-0522-4233362 during office working hours .
22. Why does the price of Auto LPG change frequently?
The price of LPG in India change as per the changes in the international prices and fluctuations in the exchange rates. Therefore the price of Auto LPG too changes frequently as per the changes in the price of LPG.